Mobile Web App for music festival Stereosonic. An easy and fun to use mobile website that the fans can go to and save as a web app on their iPhone or Android device. The website has been customised to fit the mobile browser so that if an iPhone user goes to the site they will be promoted to save the site as a web app to their home screen.
Social House Media
Social House Media
An easy and fun to use mobile website that the fans can go to and save as a web app on their iPhone or Android device. The website has been customised to fit the mobile browser so that if an iPhone user goes to the site they will be promoted to save the site as a web app to their home screen.
The menu is docked and will constantly stay at the top of the screen while scrolling down. We have also implemented Ads from sponsors which is great for the 10k+ daily mobile visitors.
Project Innovation / Need
Stereosonic received over 1 million hits to their site over the months leading up to the festival last year in 2011 with 40% of the traffic coming from mobile phones. This time they wanted to capture that mobile audience so that users could have a much more enjoyable experience with a customised and easy to use website, so that is what we set out to do.
We built the mobile website so that it would take advantage of certain technologies that are available on mobile devices these days. We have built some cool features that enhance the users experience.
1. We added a device detect feature so that iPhone users will be promoted to save the web app to their iPhone home screen so they can visit the site with a simple click.
2. We added a docking menu at the top of the screen so know matter how far the user scrolls down the menu will always be at the top of the screen.
3. We wanted to make it FAST so we used some RSS feed techniques for all the news articles and artist information, this was a big thing and we spend a fair bit of time enhancing and perfecting this.
4. Easy to read navigation menus that allow quick and fast access to things like News, Artist Information, Venue Info and most importantly ticket information on purchasing tickets for the event. It links the user to Ticketmasters website so they can purchase their ticket
5. Bonus things for mobile users like being able to download mobile wallpaper for their mobile device with a simple click from the mobile site.
This falls under the marketing plan for the music festival itself. Have all traffic redirected from the main www.stereosonic.com.au to m.stereosonic.com.au if they are using a mobile device. This brings in around 10 to 15k clicks each day, and increase at a fast rate as tickets have now gone on sale for the event.
This category relates to applications themed around performances and the arts.